Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Drawing on my deck! (update: 28/08/2017)


I'm supposed to be on holidays, yet it's been days since I've done something for the board. After some further tests, I managed to find a good combination of the 3 main elements (the 2 characters and the text band that separates them. I've also made more tests on paper for variations on the design of the king. Now I know what I want it to look like.

 

 Time to start primering the board with gesso. It's quite of a long process... and involves physical involvement!


Monday, August 21, 2017

Friday, August 18, 2017

Drawing on my deck! (update: 18/08/2017)




Moving on: time for a realistic draft! The idea is to try the technique and materials I envision to use on the skate deck. This first test is on a wood board primered with Gesso, and the drawing is done with black liner pens. With this live test, I've discovered a couple of flaws in the process. I will try to improve it all when going for the real thing. Next step is the other half of the main drawing!

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Drawing on my deck! (update: 16/08/2017)


Back to business at last! Moving on with the helmet and the bandana. Now this part of the design is ready for a live test!