Sunday, April 3, 2016

Marneus Calgar - old school conversion!


This mini is a step back to 2004. At the time, I was obsessed with the mini of Artemis for Inquisitor. For those who don't know it, this short-lived GW range was approximately 65-70mm and proposed a handful of multi-parts metal kits, including a space marine, the said Artemis (below).


All in all, I've been doing 4 conversions of this mini. My first sculpt job was on one of these (pics may follow some time later, but probably MUCH later). One day, i've had the idea of recreating a large-scale version of the 28mm version of Marneus Calgar of that time (below).

The 1995 incarnation of Marneus Calgar, by Jes Goodwin.

The project spanned from April to September 2004, starting from skteches to capture the volumes and the details, followed by a long conversion job, and by a few layers of paint in the end.


So... well it does look very kitsch, and clearly exhibits the limits of my skills at the time. But I've got a thing for that mini, for whatever reason. I don't exclude to make a new version. Provided I give myself some time for it. ^^












No comments:

Post a Comment