Monday, July 27, 2015

Junk painting!



I've done some speed painting on the mohawk bust. I've been having some trouble with flesh tones for a while, and I still do. The irony is that a couple of years ago, it was mostly the colors i was the most confortable with; but then, I've lost the trick somehow. I'll need to work on that.

At first, the result on the flesh was really poor. This decided me to try some sort of "tattoo" work, which is something I've always been postponing. In particular, I've followed a suggestion by the wise and talented Pandera to try some type of indian/iroquois warpaint. I've started from simulations on pictures of the bust using my graphics tablet to achieve patterns with a sufficient complexity and appeal. As usual I suck at details, so it took me a while. Then I've tried to reproduce the pattern on the bust and, I'm happy about the overall result, although I'm aware of its numerous flaws.

I think I will try and redo it in the future, but giving more time to both the sculpt and the paint jobs, to try and improve the final result. But for now, I'm going back to the ice cream truck!










No comments:

Post a Comment