Thursday, January 15, 2015

The modular bot


This project was the exclusive miniature available during Painting Crusade X, in February 2013.
The mini was made of 21 parts, with different options for the hands and for the eye.






The idea was to create something highly modular, so that anything can happen...

Flying Bot

Karate Bot

Party Bot

 Donkey Bot

Bot Power

 Luke, I am your Bot.

To give you an idea of the size... the big robot was the trophy for the "Best Of Show" of that edition. Pictures to be shown later...


And some more (not-very-good) pictures of the green:

Bruce Bot

Sitting Bot

Athletic Bot


Usain Bot

The right hand of Doom!

The Iron Lobster!


This is one of the realizations I am the proudest of. It has a lot of flaws, and I wasn't able to go beyond a very simplified design, but all in all, I was satisfied about the manufacturing processes I had to invent to build the different parts, the way all the parts were coming together, and the general aspect of it once assembled.

And finally, a painted version of the Sexy Bot... I was in a hurry to finish it before the event, for communication purposes, to it's rather basic. I still have one bot in store to try and make something more decent out of it.





I'm thinking about sculpting a second version in a not too distant future, possibly with a more elaborate design, a richer set of options and so on... I'll also try to write a couple of tutorials about the manufacturing of that kind of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment