Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Minibot


The Minibot


This mini is a homemade sculpt base on a concept found on the web (see below). It is a bit less than 40mm from head to toe. The painting dates back to the first quarter of 2013.

It was the second mini after my switching to Coat d'Arms paints. It was more of a fun and quick paint job (as it can be guessed here and there), and I like the result. However, if I were to do it again, I would paint the "shoulder pads" in the same fashion as the head, to achieve a better overall integration of the color scheme. This was a direct consequence of switching to a rather unknown paint range, meaning that you are quite unsure of how colors will work together, with a "freestyle" approach to the mini.









 
The design was stolen from the "End Of Level Boss" drawing by Tom Gauld. I started by sculpting a larger bot (pictures to come), after which I did this little fella. It has been casted in a small quantity (something like 10 units), that were made available during the 2013 edition of the Painting Crusade.

No comments:

Post a Comment